Weekly Update

0

Posted by free2008 | Posted in Uncategorized | Posted on October 25, 2021

We had a fun and exciting learning week.  We focussed on pumpkins this week, learning about life cycles, uses, and read stories (fiction and fact).  It was interesting to compare what we already knew about pumpkins with new information and facts we learned.  Our highlight was the pumpkin craft we made. (see below)

Dates to Remember:

Tues. Oct.26 – Picture Retakes

Fri. Oct.29 – Field trip to the Apple Barn

Bible Memory:

Revelation 21:4

He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, there will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain.

Spelling:  This week we will begin learning Spelling words.  I will introduce them on Monday, we will practise each day and testing will be on Friday, Oct. 29.  Please review and practise at home!  Here are the words:  a, am, and, as, at, I, it, is, in, no

Reminders/Other Information:

Home Reading:  Students receiving Learning Assistance should have a received a packet of daily practise work to be done at home. Other students have received their leveled reading book to practise and return after 3 recorded readings.  Keep these books and the recorded sheet in the pouch in front of the planner.  I will have your child read back the story to me, using the touch reading process.  I will try to replace with a new book on that level.  After a few successful readings in that level, I will test the students to see if they are ready to move up to a higher reading level.  Thank you for the home support!

Planners:  Please make sure your child brings their planner to school everyday so they can print in our daily morning message!

Criminal Record Checks:  If you are coming to the field trip, please make sure you have your Criminal Record Check completed.  If in the future you plan/hope to come on any field trips this year, or if you hope to volunteer in the classroom at some point, please get your Criminal Check started right away, so that we have it on file when the time comes. Check in with the office about getting the appropriate paperwork.

Mrs. Folkerts Birthday:  Tuesday, Oct 26–I’m planning a birthday celebration with the students on Tuesday afternoon.  We will have food, games and movie.  I will provide some popcorn and juice boxes for the students, but if any parents want to send pre-packaged goodies, we certainly would welcome it.

Here are some pictures of our pumpkin craft, quiet reading time, and creative play in the classroom:

Skip to toolbar